Chapter House Window Notebook - Convento de Cristo
Wire binding notebook with approximately 30 plain sheets, inspired by a detail of the Chapter Window, a construction attributed to Diogo de Arruda (14??-1513), dating from the 16th century (1510-1513).
The windows of the Manueline vestry, also known as the Capitulum House. were initially three but only two remain now: One, to the south, is visible from the Main Cloister where as the remaining one, of the western façade is famously known as the Capitulum Window.
Sided by two gigantic buttresses, or botaréus, this window is ornamented by an exuberant figurative universe, filled with maritime themes - the wood, the ropes, the buoys, etc - the Order insignia - the heraldic cross, the armillary sphere, the kingdom´s coat of arms - and symbolic figures associated to the mystique of the Spiritual Cavalry and to the role the Order of Christ played in the enterprise of the Discoveries.
Convento de Cristo
Size: 100 x 100 mm
Buy now+ Add to basket
Notebook with magnetic "Figura de Convite" - Museu Nacional do Azulejo
Pencil with bookmark masculine"Figura de Convite" - Museu Nacional do Azulejo
Queen Maria Pia Perpetual Diary - Palácio Nacional da Ajuda
Pencil case pattern tile panel - Museu Nacional do Azulejo